19 March 2020
RE: COVID-19 UPDATE
Dear valued customers,
As the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to develop and we all adapt to the changes required, the Korvest Board and senior management have implemented several actions to minimise the impact to both the health and safety of employees, customers and suppliers and the continuity of our business and service delivery.
Health & Safety
• With immediate effect Korvest Galvanisers will not be performing any non-essential customer visits without the approval of senior management and have limited access to our site to essential visitors only e.g. material deliveries and customer drop offs with restrictions in place for supplier representatives
• All inter-personal dealings have now been reduced and will follow the recommended social distancing and hygiene requirements as advised by the relevant authorities
• Visitors to our site will be required to leave contact details in the event of any risk of exposure to COVID-19
• Our employees will no longer use electronic hand held devices when signing POD’s
As updated advice from the Federal and State Governments and from the Chief Medical Officer becomes available Korvest Galvanisers will endeavour to keep you informed as to any further actions that we put in place to ensure that we are all as safe as possible and that we can continue to provide the key message of “Business as usual – with additional safety measures”
As we source our critical material right here in Australia, we see no immediate issues with our supply chain of raw material that will impact our ability to carry out our business and our Operations team have been working with our supply partners to ensure this is maintained. We will of course advise you should anything change in this regard.
• As you may be aware zinc is traded in USD, and as the AUD/USD exchange rate has deteriorated significantly, Korvest Galvanisers are currently in a watch and act situation in terms of our pricing structure. We will advise you of any interim changes in pricing that may be required.
We thank you in advance for your continued support and should you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.